CALGARY, Alta. – With another Canadian Junior Hockey League Prospects Game in the books, and the third annual MJHL-SJHL Showcase set to go Tuesday and Wednesday in Regina, Sask., teams across the country can now start gearing up for the stretch run towards the playoffs.
Only three points separate the top three spots in the AJHL and each of those clubs are riding high in the latest CJHL Top 20 rankings, which are compiled each week by an independent scouting source.
Leading the way at No. 1 remains the Brooks Bandits (38-5-1) while Sherwood Park Crusaders (38-6-0) have moved to No. 2 nationally in the 131-team CJHL.
Tabbed third in the latest listings are the 38-7-1 Coquitlam Express (BCHL) while the Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) have won seven straight and sit at 35-5-1 to see them move up to fourth in the rankings.
At 37-6-5, the Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) come in slotted in fifth spot.
The Battlesfords North Stars (SJHL); Okotoks Oilers (AJHL); Oakville Blades (OJHL); Timmins Rock (NOJHL) and Collège Français de Longueuil (LHJAAAQ) round out the Top 10.
2019–20 CJHL Top 20 Rankings
As of Jan. 20
RK TEAM (LEAGUE) (PREVIOUS RANKING)
1. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (1)
2. Sherwood Park Crusaders (AJHL) (3)
3. Coquitlam Express (BCHL) (2)
4. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (8)
5. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (4)
6. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (5)
7. Okotoks Oilers (AJHL) (6)
8. Oakville Blades (OJHL) (7)
9. Timmins Rock (NOJHL) (9)
10. Collège Français de Longueuil (LHJAAAQ) (11)
11. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (10)
12. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (18)
13. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (12)
14. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (15)
15. Braves de Valleyfield (LHJAAAQ) (16)
16. Titan de Princeville (LHJAAAQ) (17)
17. Wellington Dukes (OJHL) (14)
18. Burlington Cougars (OJHL) (19)
19. Brockville Braves (CCHL) (HM)
20. Thunder Bay North Stars (SIJHL) (20)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL); Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL); Blind River Beavers (NOJHL); Rayside-Balfour Canadians (NOJHL); Edmundston Blizzard (MHL)