DAUPHIN, Man. – The Dauphin Kings Junior Hockey Club of the Manitoba Junior Hockey League are seeking applications for Athletic Therapist/Equipment Manager for the 2020-21 season.
Requirements – CAT preferred, First Aid, CPR & Respect in Sport
Start – August 17, 2020
End – April 30, 2021 (Approximately)
1. Keep an accurate record of all injuries, treatments and the rehabilitation schedule.
2. Report all injuries to the Head Coach & GM as well as the Team Doctor.
3. Administer or arrange the therapy needs of all players on the team.
4. Keep accurate records of all treatments and submit all insurance forms to Hockey Canada and/or practitioners as needed.
5. Determines the requirements for physiotherapy needs, equipment and supplies for the team.
6. Controls and distributes all therapy equipment and consumables.
7. Works cooperatively with the Coaches, and accepts duties as assigned by the GM.
8. Familiarity with Blademaster skate sharpening equipment. Perform skate sharpening duties.
9. Controls, distributes, and maintains inventory of all medical supplies and consumables.
10. Ensures the dressing room is properly organized and coordinates cleaning daily.
11. Meets visiting team’s needs.
12. Coordinates the loading & unloading of bus for all road trips with Coaching Staff.
13. Coordinates the ordering of medical supplies & consumables with the Head Coach & GM.
14. Is present at the bench during all games and practices.
15. Is always present on the bench and administers to all the players first aid needs during the course of practice or games. Coordinates first responder’s policy and protocol for emergency situations.
16. Coordinate & implement all strength training sessions.
17. Coordinate & complete daily laundry duties.
18. Coordinate the maintenance and distribution of team equipment with the Head Coach & GM.
19. Ensure equipment and sticks are repaired or replaced as needed.
20. Other duties as assigned.
Salary will depend on education and experience.
Please submit resume to:
Head Coach & GM
Dauphin Kings Junior A Hockey Club