THUNDER BAY, Ont. — The Superior International Junior Hockey League announced Monday its 2021-22 regular season schedule which will also mark the league’s 20th Anniversary.
The seven active teams in the SIJHL will play a 48-game regular season schedule consisting of four home and four away games against each opponent.
Games will kick off on Friday, September 17 and the regular season will wrap up on Saturday March 26, 2022.
SIJHL Bill Salonen Cup Playoffs will begin on Friday, April 1, 2022.
The final games before the Christmas break will be played on Saturday December 18, 2021, and the schedule will resume on Friday January 7, 2022.
The SIJHL Showcase will once again be held in Spooner, Wisconsin, home of the Wisconsin Lumberjacks February 8-10, 2022 and will see each team play two contests, plus a special top prospect event.
Home openers for our member teams will be as follows:
- Dryden GM Ice Dogs Fort Frances Lakers, Friday September 17, Dryden Memorial Arena
- Thief River Falls Norskies Wisconsin Lumberjacks, Friday September 17, Ralph Englestad Arena
- Kam River Fighting Walleye Thunder Bay North Stars, Saturday September 18, Nor West Arena
- Red Lake Miners Dryden GM Ice Dogs, Saturday September 18, Cochenour Arena
- Fort Frances Lakers Dryden GM Ice Dogs, Friday September 24, Ice for Kids Arena
- Wisconsin Lumberjacks Thief River Falls Norskies, Friday September 24, Spooner Civic Center
- Thunder Bay North Stars Thief River Falls Norskies, Friday October 8, Fort William Gardens