The Niverville Junior A Hockey Club of the Manitoba Junior Hockey League (MJHL) invites interested parties to apply for the position of General Manager, Head Coach, or Head Coach and General Manager. This is a full-time position with a competitive wage and benefits package.
The new franchise will begin play in the 2022–2023 season and will make its home in the newly built Community Resource and Recreation Centre in Niverville, Manitoba. The CRRC is part of an educational/recreational campus that includes the Niverville High School. The arena portion of the facility includes seating for 1,100 spectators.
We are presently engaging with the local community and surrounding area to determine a name for this new franchise.
The position will perform all duties associated with the job as General Manager or Head Coach and General Manager of a Junior A Hockey Club, including but not limited to working with the Executive Board to prepare a season plan, scheduling, conducting camps, running practices, conducting off-ice training, maintaining team and individual discipline, recruiting players, and promoting the team in the community.
- Identify and recruit players capable of playing Junior A hockey.
- Create and sustain an atmosphere that promotes success, player development, and career progression.
- Conduct all on-ice camps, practices, games, and off-ice activities.
- Create practice plans that promote individual skill and team progression.
- Develop game and practice plans, including offensive and defensive systems as well as special teams play.
- Display team progression throughout the hockey season.
- Utilize all available game analysis software to correct, reinforce, and motivate players.
- Build relationships with community members and attend fundraising events.
- Manage and recruit assistant coaches, trainers, and additional club staff.
- Prepare an annual budget for the hockey club, optimize expenses, and manage the team within the constraints of the approved budget.
- Report to the Board on a monthly basis regarding the financial position of the hockey club.
- Carry out any other duties or responsibilities assigned by the Board throughout the season.
- Has recruiting sources for Junior A-caliber hockey players.
- Has demonstrated prior success at a high level of coaching.
- Is aware of the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of the Manitoba Junior Hockey League, Canada Amateur Hockey, and Hockey Manitoba.
- Demonstrates strong mentorship, leadership, disciplinary skills, and conflict management.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop players in preparation for play at higher level.
- Has coaching qualifications to coach Junior A hockey (i.e. HP1).
- Understands basic business principles, including finance and accounting, sales and marketing, and human resources.
To apply, please electronically submit a cover letter, resume, and references—as well as any questions you may have—to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 26th, 2021
The Niverville Junior A Hockey Club would like to thank all those who express interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Niverville Junior A Hockey Club
The Niverville Junior A Hockey Club is a community-owned not for profit organization that is proud to represent Niverville and region. Our ultimate objective is to compete at the highest level of Junior A hockey and challenge for the CJHL National Championship.
Our commitment as an organization is to develop a culture in which we help players attain their true potential in hockey as well as in life. Our focus is on sportsmanship, teamwork, professionalism and respect. The ownership group, coaches, staff, players, volunteers, and our corporate partners all actively contribute to the creation of an exceptional environment and sense of community pride.